Home

HISTORY OF THE CLUB

Downpatrick Cricket Club, also known as The Meadow, is located in Downpatrick, Co. Down. Founded in 1847.Unfortunately the original clubhouse was tragically burnt to the ground on 15 June 1998 taking with it many photos and trophies that had built up over its 150 year history. A devastating fire resulted in a new £1 million clubhouse, built to replace the original. With it brought a huge function hall, changing rooms, gym, restaurant and bar as well as meeting rooms and offices.

 

FIRST CLASS VENUE

The Meadow as a cricket venue is first rate. Over the years, the home of Downpatrick Cricket Club has played host to many matches of first rate standard. In 1983, the ground hosted what is the only first-class match to be played there when Ireland played Scotland, which resulted in an Irish victory by 5 wickets. In 1990, the ground hosted its first List A match when Ireland played Sussex in the NatWest Trophy. The ground hosted a further List A match in the 1997 Benson & Hedges Cup between Ireland and Essex, before hosting two List A matches in the 2005 ICC Trophy. The first of these saw the UAE play the United States, which resulted in a 55 run victory for the UAE. The second match saw Canada play Papua New Guinea, which resulted in a Canadian victory by 160 runs.

 

FIRST CLASS FACILITIES

 

The facilities that are on offer to the members of the cricket club are outstanding

People

Club President

 

Club Chairman

 

Hon. Secretary

 

Hon. Treasurer

Subscriptions Treasurer

 

Youth Convenor

 

1st XI Captain

 

2nd XI Captain

 

Mr Alfie Linehan

Mr John Thompson

Mr Christopher Martin

Mr Christopher Gilmore

 

Mr Norman Ferguson

Mr Daniel Carson

Mr Craig Boultwood

Mr Paul Linehan

Contact Us:

 

Tel: 028 4461 2869

 

Address:

 

The Meadow,

2 Strangford Rd,

Downpatrick,

BT30 6SL

Co Down

 

 

 

Copyright @ All Rights Reserved